What should you do when you have a chip in your windshield? The first thing you should do is schedule an appointment us. Having your windshield damaged is inconvenient. But if the chip on your windshield is small it may be best to do a chip repair, rather than a full windshield replacement.
Bell Glass Repair can repair your windshield within the following criteria:
- The chip is smaller than a quarter.
- The damage is not in front of a camera or sensor or in the driver’s view.
We DO NOT do long-crack repair work or windshield replacement.
Common types of chips
Consider the main reasons to get your windshield (chip) repair sooner than later:
- Chip repairs are more affordable and time efficient than a full replacement of a windshield.
If you use your auto insurance, the repair may even cost you nothing.
- Fixing a small chip or crack can prevent further breakage resulting in a broken windshield that needs replacing. Replacement of the windshield can take up to 4 hours depending on vehicle, while most take 2 hours. In most cases, a repair can be done in less than 30 minutes.
- Bell Glass Repair only uses the highest-quality materials.
The resin we use is injected into the chip, and after it is fully cured, the repair is polished to near invisibility.
- Windshield repairs are backed by our limited lifetime warranty.
Windshield Chip Repair Disclaimer
Windshield repair is structural not cosmetic; you may still see where the chip was located once a successful repair is complete. The sole purpose of a professional windshield repair is to restore the structural integrity of the glass. Since we are working with glass that is already broken, during the repair, there is always a possibility that as the technician is pushing the resin (glue) into the chip that the chip could spread. If that should happen, we will not charge you for the attempt. However, we cannot guarantee the break will not increase nor replace the windshield.